Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Geico providing cheap rental car after accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:41 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
Geico providing cheap rental car after accident

So, I got rear ended and the person who caused the accident is with Geico. The repair time for my damage was estimated for 5 days and the insurance has to pay for a rental while my car is being repaired.
Question: How can the insurance only allow $22/day for rental cars when I'm driving a 2012 C350? They sent me to Enterprise and the guy there tried to give me a Nissan Versa! I argued with him and he gave me a VW Beetle saying that he was giving me a better car than what the insurance pays for and he would cover the rest. Isn't that BS???
Old 04-10-2014, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 SL550
I don't know what state you're in but many states require insurance companies to provide you with a like and kind rental car for liability claims which is what yours sounds like.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:13 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by fxrs1955
I don't know what state you're in but many states require insurance companies to provide you with a like and kind rental car for liability claims which is what yours sounds like.
I'm in Illinois. Don't know what the state law here is. My insurance said that the other insurance should pay for a rental car similar to mine but Geico doesn't want to pay more than $22/day. I tried to argue over the phone but it didn't help.