Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

need advise on brakes for 2012 cls 63 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
Exclamation need advise on brakes for 2012 cls 63 amg

I have 25k on my cls 63 amg and the front brakes squeak a bit. Took it to the dealer and they told me that it will cost me $750 for all 4 pads and $2900 for rotors. Although expensive, I can handle the pads but 2900 for rotors!!! They are not ceramic either. They told me that they would recomend changing both the rotors and the pads and cannot garantee the squeak go away if I just change the pads. the car only has 25k miles on it. Can I get away with just changing the pads?!!!

Any feedback would be greatly apprecitaed!!! Thanks!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:44 AM

1991 Wagon
1991 300te wagon suspension I have the 1991 te wagon and am having a problem with the rear hydraulic
suspension - struts are leaking. As these parts are expensive and the car has over 300k on it I'm considering shocks. Has anyone done this and which shocks were used? I know of someone who used ford ranger 2 wheel drive shocks but don't know the exact parts. Can anyone help?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:36 PM

Brake squeak try this first.

Take the car to 80 MPH and brake very (very) hard to 40 MPH continue driving for a mile to let the brakes cool and repeat 4 or 5 times.

Sometimes a squeak develops over time from lack of heavy braking.

I'll let another member discuss another option of measuring, deglazing and prepping the rotors, blueprinting the current pads and where to place anti rattle grease and possibly brake pad rattle cushions.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by soocho
I have 25k on my cls 63 amg and the front brakes squeak a bit. Took it to the dealer and they told me that it will cost me $750 for all 4 pads and $2900 for rotors. Although expensive, I can handle the pads but 2900 for rotors!!! They are not ceramic either. They told me that they would recomend changing both the rotors and the pads and cannot garantee the squeak go away if I just change the pads. the car only has 25k miles on it. Can I get away with just changing the pads?!!!

Any feedback would be greatly apprecitaed!!! Thanks!
Check Amazon.com for EBC Brake pads I was able to replace the front and rear pads on my CL55 AMG for less than what the dealer wanted for the rear pads alone. Akebono is another popular choice for aftermarket brakes for the AMG. I have the EBC RedStuff on my car and love it. Better stopping power than before and less brake dust.