Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

84 280e

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
84 280e

Hi all,

I have a question about my MB. I'm wondering what would be the best course with this car. The body is getting pretty rusty and the overall appearance isn't that good. It has about 170k miles. It runs very nice. Does not use oil. All drive train works good.

The car was originally purchased to ralley race. Full roll cage, no interior, skid plates, etc... It is a euro. Has a 5 speed. It was converted to a street driver long ago. Has the interior of a 300 I believe.

I want to sell the car. I don't want to put the money into body work and general refurb to make it A-1 again. In this area Indianapolis, I would think that the market value of the car is about 1000 or so. As is.

My question is, is the car worth more for it's parts considering it's origin? I know it has lots of miles, but in the past when I've tried to buy replacement auto parts I've always paid a mint. Especially rare parts.

Thanks for any help, and if there is a better place to ask for help please let me know.

James.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 s500 sport
post this question on mercedesshop.com in the vintage section. There are a lot of enthusiasts there of older benzes.