Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Ml 300 Ignition Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML300 Sport
Mercedes Ml 300 Ignition Problem

Hi Guys I seem to have an intermittent problem with the ignition on my 2010 ML 300 (W164). 90% of the time its fine, however sometimes I turn the key and there is a 3-5 second delay before the engine starts and other times I turn the key nothing happens at all, no lights on the dashboard nothing.......... It takes me about 3 or 4 minutes before it will start up again then it will be fine for a few days until it happens again. I have tried using the spare key and its exactly the same although it did improve slightly with the spare key but it still happens

Im suspecting the ignition switch but was wondering if anyone can shed any light on my issue

Old 07-22-2014, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes ML300
Originally Posted by kylezx7r
Hi Guys I seem to have an intermittent problem with the ignition on my 2010 ML 300 (W164). 90% of the time its fine, however sometimes I turn the key and there is a 3-5 second delay before the engine starts and other times I turn the key nothing happens at all, no lights on the dashboard nothing.......... It takes me about 3 or 4 minutes before it will start up again then it will be fine for a few days until it happens again. I have tried using the spare key and its exactly the same although it did improve slightly with the spare key but it still happens

Im suspecting the ignition switch but was wondering if anyone can shed any light on my issue

I have the exact same problem with my ML300, only mines completely stopped working ! On reading reviews regarding the ignition faults I am disappointed that Mercedes are still selling the vehicles knowing that this is a common fault.