Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Why the S65 AMG Coupe Will be the Most Opulent Coupe Ever

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:43 PM
MBW Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the S65 AMG Coupe Will be the Most Opulent Coupe Ever

Because the world is opulent enough, Mercedes decided to go and make an S-Class coupe, and by George is it a thing of beauty. The coupe will be pretty much the epitome of grand touring elegance; the kind of car you want to blast down the Autobahn toward Monaco, and then just cruise through Monte Carlo in all the grace of a ballet dancer. The swooping lines soften the big sedan down a lot, and make the entire car appear much sportier. Unlike the sedan, where you really want to be in the back of the car only, this version is definitely more driver-focused.

But Mercedes wasn't done, and wasn't satisfied with only bringing a plain S-Class coupe with all the bells and whistles of the normal S-Class; things such as radar-guided cruise control, lane departure warning, massive braking systems, and a level of comfort that rivals most boutique hotels. No, we also get two AMG versions. An S63 with 577 hp, and an S65 with a whopping 621 hp and an "oh my God" 738 lb-ft of torque ... and everything is right in the world.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Porsche TURBO Cab, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2008 S550, 2013 GL550, 2015 S63 Coupe AMG
I have put down a deposit on S63 Coupe Edition 1, Matt Grey paint and Bengal Red Interior. Personally, I think they are asking for too much money on the coupe. It makes the S class a huge bargain.