Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes AMG Performance to Take on BMW M Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 02:35 PM
MBW Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG Performance to Take on BMW M Sport

Seeing how much cash BMW is raking in with its M Performance editions for literally every car known to man, Mercedes has decided it wants in on this game as well. According to inside sources at Mercedes-Benz, the company is looking to create an AMG Performance sub-brand that would slot cars below full-on AMG cars and everyday consumer cars. Think about it this way: the company wants to create an M235i and an M2, and charge you up the butt for both.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
So much fail.

The M Sport was a dilution of the M brand. While MB has been doing something similar to this for quite some time, it is a further dilution of the AMG brand. What a lame way to go.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLA45 AMG
Not sure how I feel about this. Guess I'll wait and see what an AMG sport really brings to the table. That said,As long as they keep enough differentiation aesthetically and power wise between the full fledge AMG cars and the rest, I really don't care.