Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Upcoming Technologies from Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2014 | 04:46 PM

Upcoming Technologies from Mercedes

Mercedes and Daimler-Benz have been innovators ever since they first opened their doors back in the last part of the 19th Century. Their list of firsts is impressive: First automobile, first woman driver, first company to implement crash testing for safety. The list goes on and on. Let’s take a look at some of their technological innovation since the turn of the century and see what’s on the horizon from Stuttgart.

Read the rest on the MBWorld homepage.
Old 08-17-2014 | 07:40 PM

glk350 4matic
Soooo sad

I personaly have to say that with all the technology in the cars today I find it rediculas. There are far too many bad drivers on the road now and should not be alould to drive. And with the new gadgets park assist and blind mirros. The drivers get lasier and even more useless. I believe in safety for accidents and things of that nature. But as far as not driving at all or parking it self is not good. The bad drivers will just be that much more and worse then ever. Some things should not change.
Old 08-20-2014 | 05:17 AM

-
Originally Posted by Darrelontheroad
I personaly have to say that with all the technology in the cars today I find it rediculas. There are far too many bad drivers on the road now and should not be alould to drive. And with the new gadgets park assist and blind mirros. The drivers get lasier and even more useless. I believe in safety for accidents and things of that nature. But as far as not driving at all or parking it self is not good. The bad drivers will just be that much more and worse then ever. Some things should not change.
I think you make a really good point - where's the line between additional safety measures and encouraging bad habits?

Things like Distronic Plus with Pre-Safe Brake is a great safeguard, and I feel cars and drivers are better for having it. It's a great 'just in case' measure.

I guess cars have to move with the times, and these 'new features will eventually become standard and taken for granted. Was power steering a negative development because it means people are 'less in control' of their vehicle for example? If parking assist helps reduce accidents across the board is that not a positive?