Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Anyone went from Benz to Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Anyone went from Benz to Porsche?

Hi guys and gals, need some food for thought.

I currently have S550 and absolutely love it. The only other car i would want is an 2007+ S600 or 2014 S550. Issue with that is i can’t find S600 that i like within my current price range (been looking for 7 months) and 2014 is out of the question as well due to price.

As im sure everyone else have at some point, i have a mini-me inside that says, feed your childhood dreams and get a Porsche. So I’m thinking that for a year or two maybe i should.
I test drove 07 Carrera S4 and as expected, not as comfy as S class but manageable and sure is fun to drive.
This will be a DD. Not concerned about snow, winter tires are your best friend in Chicago.

So questions for those that may have both, Benz that is close to comfort of S and a Porsche (Cayenne does not count), or one after another, not necessarily at the same time:
1: Is the ride too rough after a while? I didn’t drive it over particularly bad roads. The one I drove has PASM. Can it be adjusted to be softer than “normal” setting?
2: Are there remote starts such as MidCity has for a benz? I currently do not have a luxury of a garage (oh how I miss it). As I’ve seen with my old CLK and same with my wife’s CLS, at 4am when windows are frozen, you are not getting in to that car.
3. I was driving it in jeans and sweatshirt, how rough would it be on a suit or dress pants. Am I going to be all wrinkled by the time I get to work? How is it with thick coat or a long rain coat?
4. Is heat/defrost good enough for winter?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.