Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Advice needed, W124 or W201, next drift car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C230k
Advice needed, W124 or W201, next drift car

Hi, probably will seem a strange question to most, but here goes. I have just sold my W202 drift car as i want something to build some more power into over the winter,and i prefer older Mercs. I have two possibility's available to buy at the moment in my price range. A w201 2.6 manual and a w124 300-24v sportline estate also manual. I am going to either turbo or maybe supercharge the car i buy ,which one will be dependent on funds available. I am torn between the two, the 190 obviously is the choice most would make, there are a lot more parts available for these cars and it has a good motorsport heritage. Although the main reason i drifted a merc in the first place was to not be the same as everyone else, otherwise of course i would just buy a bmw or a nissan and be done with it. its been quite a while since i last drove either cars and i cant really remember how good either in standard form are. I know the big wagon is heavy, but surely once i binned all of that electric leather etc it would be a fair bit lighter....
Any thoughts on this subject would be happily received.
Thanks