Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Just purchased 1990 560SEC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Smile Just purchased 1990 560SEC

I just bought a 1990 560SEC out of Florida for $10K. I had a prepurchase inspection done, and the shop rated the car as "Good overall". Has brand new Michelins on it, interior is flawless, engine bay is very clean, It does have a couple issues, but nothing I would consider major. All the fluids do need to be replaced, ie; Brake, Power steering, suspension fluid, etc. Shifter bushings are worn, Power steering pump needs to be re-sealed. Considering the age of the car, I don't think there is anything out of the ordinary. The tech who looked it over, also said the same. Both the CarFax and AutoCheck also came out okay.

It is a rust free, low mileage car with 67,XXX miles on it. They were originally asking $14,000 for the car. So the lowest I could get it down to was $10K. Considering the rising values of these cars, The Hagerty and NADA pricing guides, I don't think I fared TOO bad on this deal.

It's not going to be a daily driver, but a project car for me, and I plan to show it after I detail it to my standards. I am sure there may be someone who may feel I paid too much, but these cars with lower mileage are becoming harder and harder to find.
But does anyone have a suggestion where to find a good technical/maintenance manual for the 560SEC?

Last edited by Fireguymn; 10-27-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
560SEC
Sounds like you got a good deal for such a low mileage example. There's a MB engine shop manual on Amazon right now! Good luck!