Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

SLK 320 error code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK320
SLK 320 error code

I have n SLK 320 which is sometimes cutting out and not accelerating from junction very well.

the error code was P0101 so I checked the intake system and ended up changing the MAF after reading some info on this site. This resolved the problem for two weeks, then it returned. I changed the air filters following this and then run it for a day and it came up with error code P0104.

I dismantled the intake area and then remounted the assembly with checking all hoses were sealed.

How tight do these hoses need to be? they are not clipped so I assume it is not too tight

Any suggestions on how to cure the problem? the cable and clip to the MAF look good as shrouded with a plastic cover.

This is getting too dangerous to drive and the GF uses it as her car.

HELP if you have had this problem and cured it
Old 11-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by graemep
I have n SLK 320 which is sometimes cutting out and not accelerating from junction very well.

the error code was P0101 so I checked the intake system and ended up changing the MAF after reading some info on this site. This resolved the problem for two weeks, then it returned. I changed the air filters following this and then run it for a day and it came up with error code P0104.

I dismantled the intake area and then remounted the assembly with checking all hoses were sealed.

How tight do these hoses need to be? they are not clipped so I assume it is not too tight

Any suggestions on how to cure the problem? the cable and clip to the MAF look good as shrouded with a plastic cover.

This is getting too dangerous to drive and the GF uses it as her car.

HELP if you have had this problem and cured it
graemep,

I have not run into this error code, so I can not speak from personal experience on diagnosing it. I was able to find a thread that may help you figure out what the issue is. I know they are working on a CLK but these should be some things to check out in addition to what you have already done. You can get to the thread by clicking on the link below.

P0104 code: Need help!

I hope this information helps out, or at least guides you in the right direction in solving this issue.

David
Old 11-04-2014, 01:30 PM

SLK320
Thank you David, I will have a look and see what I can find
Old 11-09-2014, 10:58 AM

SLK320
I checked out that link and no joy. again I removed all the air intake system and cleaned and reassembled it and again no improvement. After further investigation I removed the pipe which connects to a solenoid on the inner wing, this is connected to the top of where the butterfly is on the intake. this feeds back to the petrol tank I believe. The engine ran more sweetly at low revs. After replacing and giving the car a run I removed the filler cap and noticed there was a big vacuum in the petrol tank.

My assumptions from this is that the MAF sensor is creating an error code because it is not getting enough fuel?

Could it be the inline fuel filter that is blocked or the charcoal filter and air intake system for the fuel tank?

Should the fuel tank be under vacuum?

Any ideas??

Thanks for any suggestions