Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Diminished Value

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G wagon
Diminished Value

My car was recently in an accident. The accident will be reported to Car Fax. I own rather than lease the car. I am concerned that when I sell the car it will be a lot more difficult to sell because of the Car Fax accident issue. The insurance company is willing to work out a dollar "diminished value" settlement. However they want some kind of dollar amount basis to go by. Any information someone can provide would be most appreciated.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s600
Obtain a diminished value appraisal either from us at St. Lucie Appraisal or a number of other independent appraisers offering this service. We base our diminished value figures on the opinions of six Mercedes-Benz dealers local to you. Other appraisers use formulas, algorithms, auction results, etc. Your car does bot need to be physically inspected. After all, it is already repaired. If there was unibody damage, your car's loss of value is through the roof. Expect the insurance company to nickel and dime you but most of our customers do receive fair settlement offers without having to resort to hiring attorneys. Best of luck.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
I traded in my 2010 E that had 2 accidents on it from previous owner. I got a deal on it due to this and did very well on a trade for a CPO E last week.