Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Repairs on MB C350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C350
Repairs on MB C350

I have a 2009 MB C350, which I bought used in 2013. I dropped my car off for repairs at the local Sacramento dealership this morning, after the engine malfunction light came on.

The service department advised me later in the day that there were several problems, including a broken thermostat, an oil leak, bad tires, and at least one other mechanical problem; there were at least a couple of smaller problems as well. Just a month or so ago, I had to have the steering lock repaired. Needless to say, I'm not pleased that so many things have gone wrong in such a short period of time.

My question is for those of you have experience with the C350 -- is it common for a car which is only 5 years old, and with only 55K miles, to have this many problems? I've never owned an MB before, but this seems unusual.

I apologize in advance if this sort of question is not appropriate or if it is in the wrong format. I just now registered here. Thank you.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 71 Posts
E55
the coolant thermostat for the check engine light is very common especially now that its getting colder outside. they get stuck a little open and the engine does not warm up within the specified amount of time. oil leak is usually no big deal on these typically the back of the cylinder head little plastic caps, a centrifuge cover, and or vacuum pump. these parts have all been updated and shouldn't need replaced again. the tires you can't blame anyone on that. unfortunately the steering locks were a poor design and a whole lot of them have gone bad.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by EspritVif
I have a 2009 MB C350, which I bought used in 2013. I dropped my car off for repairs at the local Sacramento dealership this morning, after the engine malfunction light came on.

The service department advised me later in the day that there were several problems, including a broken thermostat, an oil leak, bad tires, and at least one other mechanical problem; there were at least a couple of smaller problems as well. Just a month or so ago, I had to have the steering lock repaired. Needless to say, I'm not pleased that so many things have gone wrong in such a short period of time.

My question is for those of you have experience with the C350 -- is it common for a car which is only 5 years old, and with only 55K miles, to have this many problems? I've never owned an MB before, but this seems unusual.

I apologize in advance if this sort of question is not appropriate or if it is in the wrong format. I just now registered here. Thank you.
You are not the ONLY one get nail with the repair bill. 2 years ago, I bought a used C350, in summer 2014 the radiator fan quit, $850 to replace (OEM part), 2 months later the famous CEL come up with 2 probems :
1. Camshaft position sensor (W204 famous for this problems).
2. Intake sensor problems (car had ONLY 77K miles). Another $2800.00 to fix it. I asked my SA for help, the bill reduce to $1800.00.
Then, one day after Thanksgiving 2014 (before I go on the trip the next day), another famous W204 problems : I pick up something from 7/1, return to the car, it won't start. The problems either ESL (electronic steering lock) or EIS (electronic ignition system), another $1050 to fix after the car is towed to FJ. Within 2 months I spend $3700 for this BOS. Figure it out buddy !!!. I always keep the car in good condition, but with theses problems, I think the Honda or Toyota hold up a lot better than MB.