Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Dealership Issues, Whats Reasonable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS500
Dealership Issues, Whats Reasonable?

So I have had a lot of issues with Mercedes of west chester, PA lately. I took my 2006 CLS in for transmission troubles a couple of months ago and they told me I was 2 QTS low on fluid but there was no evidence of any leak. Shortly after the problem came back, so I took the car to the shop again, they told me my transmission front pump was leaking, quoted 2060 to replace the seal, I told them to go ahead and do it. I got my car back and immediately upon receiving it back my smart key quit working. I brought the car back to the dealership and they replaced it at their expense because it was damaged at the dealership. Then a week later my "visit workshop" came on for my battery. I checked my battery in the trunk and noticed that they hadn't reinstalled my negative terminal properly, it wasn't fully seated and could be moved by hand. I brought the car back and asked them to tighten the terminal, they said they did. When I got home I checked the terminal, they hadn't touched it. Still loose, still getting the "visit workshop" notification. So I took my car back for a fifth time yesterday and showed them the loose terminal. I also requested to see under my car while on a lift, turns out my car is still leaking transmission fluid. I called and filed a complaint with corporate today and they asked me what I would like them to do to correct the problem. I don't know what's reasonable? I have now had my car in their shop 5 times and its still leaking fluid and now the negative battery terminal is loose. I called the general manager today and was telling him this is a major inconvenience and told him I want my car back and fixed properly because the C class loaner car is too small for me. His only response was threatening to take the loaner car away from me if I was going to say its too small, no help offered at all. I really can't believe what I am going through. I don't know what to do or what I should request