Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

GL400 4MATIC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S350L
Exclamation GL400 4MATIC

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and look forward to your guidance. I would like to import a new GL400 4Matic from Germany to China, however, I found out from the authorities that the VIN will not work for China because in the VIN's 10th position is a "1". In order for it to be able to import into China, it has to be an alphabet rather than a number. I have researched and found out that for MB cars manufactured for North America market, the VIN 10th position will be an alphabet denoting the year of manufacture whereas for cars manufactured for the European market, the VIN 10th position will be a "1" representing LHD and "2" representing RHD. Are there anyways to overcome this problem or can anyone advise in which region (rather than China) of course can I purchase MB cars, in this case a GL400, with the 10th position in VIN being an alphabet? Appreciate your advise. Thank you.