Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

2011 e350 wagon no climate control lights fan noise from engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4MATIC Wagon Dist Plus
2011 e350 wagon no climate control lights fan noise from engine

Hello,
Started my car and heard a loud fan (like cooling the radiator) car was cold so it seemed odd.
When I looked inside I saw the climate control was off? I tried to turn if on and nothing. Display is just black?
The whirring noise of the fan remains.

Any ideas? I didn't check fuses or do anything to diagnose as I have not had time? A blown fuse would explain display being out but now fan in engine compartment running?

Do you think it is OK to drive? I am about 250 miles from home and I need to get home Sunday. I just bought the car and have the warranty so I would need to get it to the dealer. Closest one is 100 miles.

Good news is I don't need climate control since it is not or or too cold right now. So i am fine to drive it like this but don't want to damage anything?
I am new to the forum and appreciate any help. I am going to start the car up in a few hours and will report back. I doubt it fixed itself from 2 days ago but I am hopeful.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4MATIC Wagon Dist Plus
can someone tell me which fuse this would even be? I found both fuse boxes but no diagram in the manual or car.