Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

How much is CPO worth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
'10 C300, '15 ML250BT, '22 M850i Vert
How much is CPO worth?

I'm in the market for a used ML BT and was wondering what most people think CPO is worth. I see used vehicles from non MB dealers for several $K less. They mostly have clean CarFax and are one owner vehicles. What do you think? Thanks, just joined.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C300 Luxury
Really depends on what you're ownership arc may look like on the car...

The CPO is supposed to be slightly refurbished, but I wouldn't put too much stock in that. If you get a used MB that has been properly maintained and you do a pre-purchase inspection you won't get much of a difference.

From a feature perspective... The CPO extended unlimited mile warranty covers less than the MB ELW that you can get on a non-CPO car, but the MB ELW will stop at 100K miles and can't be purchased beyond new car warranty (CPO gets its extras even if the MB base warranty has already expired).

I purchased a MB from a non-MB dealer and it got totaled shortly after and I purchased a CPO replacement. Mainly due to the unlimited mile warranty allowing me to not be as concerned about mileage as I tend to drive a fair bit. The 2 years of free pre-paid maintenance also helped.

My view, pick what nets you the best deal for your ownership arc.