Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Quick turn around on my hydraulic cylinders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1993 Mercedes 300 SL
Quick turn around on my hydraulic cylinders

New to the site, and wanted to comment on the great service I received from Top Hydraulics. I have a 1993 300 SL that had a slow leak in one of the front locks and one of the main lift cylinders, and knew it was time to repair them. I was familiar with Top Hydraulics, but never needed their services. The cylinder removal instructions on the site are very simple to understand and made the task painless. I mailed the cylinders to them on Tuesday the 24th of March, the following Wednesday (April 1st), I received them back. I live in Florida. It took about 3 hours to install all four cylinders, again following the instructions,and Thursday morning I was enjoying a ride around the island with a fully functional top. Awesome service response with quality work!!!
Anyone with a R129 planning this job, I would recommend a couple of suggestions before starting. Leave the roll bar up, and read the complete instructions before starting. Doing this job yourself can save big bucks and you learn more about how your car operates.