Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

CLA45 AMG, C63, or C450 Sport?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
CLA45 AMG, C63, or C450 Sport?

Hey everyone,

I just sold my '08 C350 and I'm looking for something faster and I'm not sure what to get. (I bought and sold something bigger in the meantime but I don't even want to get into that because after all, we are talking Merc's here) I've test driven the C400 and *really* liked it but have heard the C450 AMG Sport is replacing it and don't want to end up with a one model year car and we're closing in on the '16's soon, so think it's worth the wait.

In the meantime I've driven the CLA45 AMG and thought it was a blast but it felt a little tight inside, but I could probably live with it. The wait times for this vehicle still seem pretty excessive.

Then I had a look at the C63, a 2012. That's one impressive engine! The interior is a revised version of what my C had, which isn't bad. I swore I'd never buy another car that wasn't AWD, but considering I generally don't drive in the winter, I could get away with a RWD. I'm sure I can't compare the C63 RWD with my old 328i, but that thing was a handful in deep snow, even with Blizzaks.

The pricing is $60K for the CLA, about $52,000 for A low mileage 2012 C63 (i looked at a high mileage C63 for only $38,000, it seemed like a great deal but didn't want to worry about expensive repairs) and about $65,000 for the C450? I'm not sure of the pricing on this one.

To sum it up:

I like the C450's overall balance of power and features, and it's upgradeability. I wonder if it's tapped out as shipped or there's a few ponies left to unleash? All the tuning on the C400 seems to bring it up to the C450's level.

The C63's engine alone might be worth the price of admission, and I found a great source on rear tires It doesn't seem like a great car to tune, but with all that power I might just be happy with it.

The CLA45 is a lot of fun to drive, with that potent little 2.0L and crackling exhaust note, but the interior left me wanting a little more, like a Burmester. My wife's car has a ML and that's the sort of sound I'd like if possible. It feels fast but could definitely use a little more power.

I've always bought my cars outright but I'm thinking I may lease this time, enjoy it for 3 years then hand the keys back.

P.S. sorry if I'm a little scatter-brained here, they're all great cars!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by TurnUptheBoost
Hey everyone,

I just sold my '08 C350 and I'm looking for something faster and I'm not sure what to get. (I bought and sold something bigger in the meantime but I don't even want to get into that because after all, we are talking Merc's here) I've test driven the C400 and *really* liked it but have heard the C450 AMG Sport is replacing it and don't want to end up with a one model year car and we're closing in on the '16's soon, so think it's worth the wait.

In the meantime I've driven the CLA45 AMG and thought it was a blast but it felt a little tight inside, but I could probably live with it. The wait times for this vehicle still seem pretty excessive.

Then I had a look at the C63, a 2012. That's one impressive engine! The interior is a revised version of what my C had, which isn't bad. I swore I'd never buy another car that wasn't AWD, but considering I generally don't drive in the winter, I could get away with a RWD. I'm sure I can't compare the C63 RWD with my old 328i, but that thing was a handful in deep snow, even with Blizzaks.

The pricing is $60K for the CLA, about $52,000 for A low mileage 2012 C63 (i looked at a high mileage C63 for only $38,000, it seemed like a great deal but didn't want to worry about expensive repairs) and about $65,000 for the C450? I'm not sure of the pricing on this one.

To sum it up:

I like the C450's overall balance of power and features, and it's upgradeability. I wonder if it's tapped out as shipped or there's a few ponies left to unleash? All the tuning on the C400 seems to bring it up to the C450's level.

The C63's engine alone might be worth the price of admission, and I found a great source on rear tires It doesn't seem like a great car to tune, but with all that power I might just be happy with it.

The CLA45 is a lot of fun to drive, with that potent little 2.0L and crackling exhaust note, but the interior left me wanting a little more, like a Burmester. My wife's car has a ML and that's the sort of sound I'd like if possible. It feels fast but could definitely use a little more power.

I've always bought my cars outright but I'm thinking I may lease this time, enjoy it for 3 years then hand the keys back.

P.S. sorry if I'm a little scatter-brained here, they're all great cars!
Get the C450 AMG sport, just to **** JRCART off