Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

C230k top dash removal help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mercedes c230k RHD
C230k top dash removal help please

Hi guys. I've taken apart a few cars in my time but this is the first time getting into the guts of my C230. Might as well start at the difficult end of the work as I have put up with the dreaded stepper motor and actuator arm issues for too long now. I have searched this forum and followed the brilliant threats put up by other members covering how to replace the actuator arms on the stepper motors behind the front of the dashboard but unfortunately I have found that I need to replace the motor that is buried deep in the underbelly of the dashboard. I have removed all visible screws from the front-end including the screws and the bolts on the left hand passenger side and vents (don't forget I drive a right hand side vehicle) but I can't get the dashboard to shift. I seem to recall reading somewhere that there are some screws that I have to access from outside the car and under the wind shield wiper cowling. Is anybody able to point me in the right direction to a thread that covers the removal of the top dashboard for this car? At the moment my garage looks more like a dismantlers yard rather than a workshop and I have a feeling that my work is not done by a long shot. Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated and particularly a picture of where the various screws and bolts are the need to come off to allow me to lift the top dash out of position and then access the stepper motor that is right in the middle of the dash. It would have to be this one wouldn't it? Any assistance gratefully received.

Last edited by halsdad; 04-13-2015 at 09:13 PM.