Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Which models let you select the speed of the viper in addition to the auto option?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes Benz E320
Which models let you select the speed of the viper in addition to the auto option?

Hi,

I have a 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 and it has that wiper sensor. I know it's a clever idea that it will automatically adjust the speed of the wipers to the rain and goes slowly or faster depending on the rain speed.

But sometimes the rain is drizzling and the sensor detects it and treats it as a fast pouring rain therefore the wipers start wiping at the higher speed - although the drizzles are pouring fast but it's just drizzling drops of rain and not actually causing any visibility issue, so the auto detect wipers goes off and start wiping the windshield but since there is not much rain on the surface, the wipers start making a squishy noise and that's so annoying.

I like to have the option to select the speed myself so I can set it to go off every couple of seconds like in other cars (i.e. Corolla) but that option is missing for my car's model.

I was wondering if someone could please tell me which model and year cars are equipped with both the auto detect speed AND selective interval option so I can consider them next time I'm in the market for a new car. Like I can set it so it goes off every couple of seconds.

Thanks