Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Bad experience @ MB of Escondido

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230
Thumbs down Bad experience @ MB of Escondido

I had one of the worst experiences at Mercedes Benz of Escondido. I have a 02 C230 (non C7) so I called the dealership to get my black door handles replaced w/ white ones. So I called the parts department and they ordered white door handles (driver & passenger side), no problem. The guy told me that they would have them in about a week, so I was fine with that. A week roles by, I get a phone call from the MB of Escondido letting me know that the parts have come in so I set up an appointment. My service advisor told me that it would cost about $140 (for parts and labor). I was pretty hyped about that, $140 was a real bargain!!
Well, I drop my car off (Tuesday morning) and wait a while for my loaner. A guy at the loaner desk tells me that they ran out of loaner vehicles and they have to rent from Hertz. So guess what vehicle they give me, a FORD TAURUS!! I was like “wtf”!! So I thought you know, I should have my car back by the end of the day, so I was fine with the Taurus. I get a call from my service advisor in the afternoon saying that the factory shipped the wrong parts (one white handle & one white handle w/ a chrome strip). Then he says that he’ll have the correct part the next day (Wednesday). So the next day comes along and I get another phone call, it was my service advisor saying AGAIN that the factory shipped the wrong item (this time a black door handle). Then I was promised that they would have it straightened out the next day (Thursday). Next day comes along and they finally get the correct part (white handle), but now he says that the small IR piece came in black only and that it can only be painted to color match my car, and that I would have to pay an additional $140 to get it painted. I was like “BULL****”. First they stick me with a FORD TAURUS, waste my time, and then tell me that I have to pay extra for something they messed up on!!
I told them to forget it and to leave my car alone. Then my service advisor told me that they had already put one of the handles on and if I wanted my blacks ones back, I would have to pay for them to take it off. So he basically said that I was going to be charged for the install ($40) and to take them off ($40), which came out to $80. I argued with the guy telling him that he shouldn’t have put them on in the first place (because they were the wrong parts) and that I shouldn’t have been charged anything. My service advisor insisted that I pay for the labor. He said, “Most people would dish out the $140 and not think anything of it”. I felt that that comment was rude and uncalled for. First off, I’m not any other person and second, I know when I’m getting jacked. So I asked for his manager. So I gave my story to the manager and his manager sided with me and took all charges off of my bill. I was really pissed that he said that but didn’t bring it up w/ his boss because I just wanted to get the hell out of there (that’s how frustrated I was).

I’m gonna contact Steve to see if he can get me the door handles.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
I just also had the worst experience of my life at my benz dealership so i know how you feel. I wont get into my story because i dont have all day but i wont go back to them again. I am convinced they are all idiots trying to scam. I also had a $700 dollar repair done that was unnessacary and when i complained they wouldnt give me my money back so i had to get the manager and he would only give me half. I had to pay for trial and error But anyway i took it, it was that or nothing. They ended up with $2100 rather than $2400.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i feel your pain, but i dont see the point in typing it three times..