Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Solved my squeak lower ball joint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Solved my squeak lower ball joint

Let me first state this is a temporary fix, I fully intend on replacing it and the other side in the near future.

I first discovered the problem when the car was on the hoist wile trying to find the obvious of why the suspension made so much noise. I rotated the wheel from side to side (by hand) as described else where in this forum and discovered movement in the lower ball joint, drivers side. The car still drives pretty tight, considering the problem, and I am not ready to take on the project yet so I just want the squeak to stop.

This is a no-grease ball joint and I remind you it is already worn, so I maid a tiny insertion in the rubber boot (back side) only big enough for a w-d40 tube to fit and gave it a squirt along with some grease I had that fit the same hole. This took care of the problem and has not made noise since.

Parts seem to be reasonably priced which makes me want to replace the lower ball joints, upper ball joints, inner &and outer tie rod ends.

Last edited by BB Thunder; 05-02-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
I want to update, I still no longer have any squeak in the front suspension. Looking forward to replacing the ball joints.