Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

JUST BOUGHT 2003 C240 AWD BLEW GASKETS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 awd c240
JUST BOUGHT 2003 C240 AWD BLEW GASKETS

Hi guys i just bought a 2003 awd c240 for 2500 perfect interior i knew it had some engine problew burning oil, the car has 165k miles on it. well finally the gaskets blew just like everyone at my job predicted it would ( i work at a collision shop) being a girl i dont know everything about cars, but i was quoted 1600 for the repair, but i work in the production department and order parts at my job so i got a really good deal on a used engine with a 1 year warranty and 94k miles on it . i can have one of the techs at my job put it in for me but theyre not familiar with mercedes but they know they can do it, i just want to know if anyone else has ever replaced an engine, im just going to replace it because i dont want any further problems if i get the gaskets replaced itd be the same price in the long run for me to just swap the whole engine, and opions or suggestions and anyone familiar with the process?