Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB Fascination Tour Toronto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 06:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 C43 AMG, Previous 2016 E550 Coupe, Previous 2012 E550 Coupe
MB Fascination Tour Toronto

Invited and attended May 24th MB Fascination Tour free Event in Toronto for Coupe and Roadster owners. Was held at Woodbine Center.

Mostly a test drive event in the big parking lot with pylons to make a mini test track. Good selection of testers and well organized while drivers waited their turn to drive.
SL 550
SL 63
SLK 350
E 550C
E 400C
CLS 550

And the longest wait was for a beautiful red AMG GT - yowser, what a machine this is. There are no words. The exhaust note and crackle will forever be stuck in my head and the womp of that torque.

Went with a friend and we drove them all - I have an 2012 E550C that seemed like a snail on the way home after doing 4 laps in the AMG GT

For me the biggest disappointment was the SLK 350 - the handling which I expected to light, nimble and fun was quite the opposite.

MB Canada did a great job with setup, catering and knowledgeable personnel- better catering than most business social events I attend. All covered seating areas for the lounge.

Some signs of a tasteful soft sell for the Driving Academy - of which I am strongly considering

Great day - great event.