Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Is my Mercedes considered high-mileage??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E350
Question Is my Mercedes considered high-mileage??

I recently bought a 2009 Mercedes Sedan E350 with 110,000 miles for $13,500. I was looking online to compare prices and all I find is the same model and year with 80,000 or less. Now my car is in tip top shape, but should I be worried about the mileage? Any tips to keep it running forever? I got a synthetic oil change on it before I bought it, I put gum-out in the gas tank to clear any clutter and I use nothing less than 93 octane fuel.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 08-10-2015, 11:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Follow the Mercedes recommended service relating to duration and parts, Mercedes parts only (no chinese crap) and the car will last forever. There are plenty of places that you can buy Original Equipment parts for less than dealer list

Did you get any service records with the car? If you didn't and you sincerely expect to keep the car forever, then I would recommend replacing all fluids and filters and spark plugs in the car from brake fluid to trans fluid etc. This will give you a base line to continue your service as appropriate. What I mean is if the manual says change the trans fluid every 40,000 miles you will know when the 40,000 mile mark ahs arrive by checking with your baseline information. I could go on and on but I think you can get the idea from what is here.