Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Help buying Mercedes aftermarket warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 R350
Help buying Mercedes aftermarket warranty

I have a 2008 Mercedes R350 with about 40k miles. Love it and never had a problem with it. However, the extended MB warranty I purchased with the vehicle is expiring and I'd like to purchase an additional warranty.

A company called ASAP (American Standard Auto Protection) has offered me 5 years/60k miles for about $3k. Attached is what the warranty covers.

Is this a purchase I should make? Are there any good alternatives? Especially a Mercedes Benz warranty? I would really like a warranty as I am worried about high repair costs, but I also don't want to end up buying something that won't cover what I need. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
total-performance.pdf (564.5 KB, 183 views)
Old 10-12-2015, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
i'm looking too. my CPO is maxed out (three years) and up 3/16. i called the dealer i used that was able to extend my CPO even though the initial one year term had expired. nobody and i mean nobody else seemed able to make that happen. so, i trust her abilities and knowledge. she said there is nothing she can offer at this point since i already have the CPO coverage and the aftermarket company they work with doesn't cover AMGs.

i PMed a member here who i believe works at a dealership in my state and is apparently an enthusiast as he has a personal new C 63 thread going. we'll see if he responds.

ideally it's best to see if the dealership(s) you like to work with can recommend something since they are the ones that will have to deal with the claims. and, an exclusionary policy is definitely recommended. at least the pdf you linked has the exclusions. imo a lot of them are normal but it seems a bit excessive for my taste. then again, i don't have any actual experience with aftermarket warranties.