Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Ala-carte Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML350 4Matic
Ala-carte Service

Hello,

I just bought a used 2009 ML350 with 62,000 miles. The dash display says I am two years+ overdue for the "D service".

It's been over 10 years since I owned a MB and have no memory of the service options. Is it economical to request the service items missed (which appear to be a LOT of inspections) for 40K, 50K, 60K minus the cost of the oil change?

I can get the Mobile 1 oil on Amazon with a Mann filter for $65 and would rather save the money. Same for an air filter change. I can do basic stuff like this but cannot complete the scheduled inspections myself. I have the added concern about the car really needing a thorough review given the possible service neglect.

Thanks for any advice.

Bob
Old 11-12-2015, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic, 2011 335i; 2006 C230 (sold 4 yrs ago)
Originally Posted by rfc1918
Hello,

I just bought a used 2009 ML350 with 62,000 miles. The dash display says I am two years+ overdue for the "D service".

It's been over 10 years since I owned a MB and have no memory of the service options. Is it economical to request the service items missed (which appear to be a LOT of inspections) for 40K, 50K, 60K minus the cost of the oil change?

I can get the Mobile 1 oil on Amazon with a Mann filter for $65 and would rather save the money. Same for an air filter change. I can do basic stuff like this but cannot complete the scheduled inspections myself. I have the added concern about the car really needing a thorough review given the possible service neglect.

Thanks for any advice.

Bob
I would think most service departments would rather make some money on a partial service than to turn you away because you are skipping the oil change and air filter. I suspect a transmission service might be in there or at least coming up. And as much as I like to work on stuff myself, I would not recommend trying a transmission flush on a MB yourself. It's way too expensive to replace if something goes wrong.