Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB Tex normal wear question??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA250
MB Tex normal wear question??

Hi Everyone,
Just joined the forum.. I appreciate your assistance! I will be posting in the new members section shortly. Love my daily driver CLA250 4matic... fun to drive in sport mode but great gas mileage (~31mpg) on the highway.

My CLA250 has MB tex and I was wondering what normal wear looks like on this upholstery... I have 250 hours / 12K miles in 4 months. My daily commute is 60 miles each way or 1hr. I wear jeans everyday which may be rough on the seats but not sure if that would contribute to what I am seeing? I noticed some wear on the side part of the driver's seat closest the door. I've cleaned the seats maybe 4-5 times using 303 (every 2-3 weeks). I know the owner's manual instructions but choose to use 303 based on advice of many other MB owners. I may be switching my cleaning regimen to following the owner's manual if I can confirm this is a result of using the 303. However, my gut tells me that this is just normal wear based on the heavy use of the vehicle and wearing denim everyday.

Attached are some pics. I would like to nip this in the butt before it becomes a bigger issue or confirm if this is normal wear. Planning to also send the pics to my dealer to confirm.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I have similar wear/ creases in my CLK.
May be nature of the material.

Jeans certainly do not help reduce wear.
I use a leather conditioner (Meguires Gold Rich Leather), which may work better than 303...but follow MB's recommended product may be best.

Good luck.