Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Quick question about deposit....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S430
Angry Quick question about deposit....

Hi Everyone, I just have a quick question. I ordered a 2004 E-500 which had a built date sometime in mid April. Now I called my sales person to cancel the order. He said they would refund my deposit to my credit card. The next day, my sales person calls me and tell me that due to new management, he can't refund my deposit because once I put in a order for the car that it was a done deal. Basically saying that I bought the car. But the car hasn't even started production so I would think I would get my money back. On top of that, when I ordered the car he never said that the deposit is non-refundable. Oh yeah, I put $2000 deposit. The reason I'm cancelling the order is because I am moving away for a couple of years due to work. So do you guy have any idea if the deposit is refundable?
Old 02-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 Lexus ES 330 NAV/ML
The real question is WHAT DID YOU SIGN, IF ANYTHING? Did the paperwork say anything about non-refundable deposits? If so, you may be screwed. If it didn't, call the Sales Manager or GM back directly and demand your deposit back. You could also call your credit card company and explain the situation and they may be able to biitch-slap your dealer and get your deposit back for you. If you signed something that legally says deposit is non-refundable, you may be at the mercy of the goodwill of the dealer. Either way, I would demand my deposit back. Any attorneys care to chime in? I only got as far as Business Law 101 in college.

Maybe MB Corporate could help you as well as your local Better Business Bureau. You may be able to hang your hat on the fact that they never told you - BUT they will come back and say you should have READ what you signed.

GOOD LUCK AND DON'T TAKE 'NO' FOR AN ANSWER! REMEMBER, EVERYTHING IN LIFE IS NEGOTIABLE. STICK UP FOR YOURSELF!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
BC is NOT DC!!!

It's a foreign country...

:o
Old 02-19-2004, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Re: Quick question about deposit....

Originally posted by PL599
He said they would refund my deposit to my credit card.
Sounds like a verbal contract right there?