Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

W220 door actuator help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w220 03 s430 black, 20 inch Mandrus
W220 door actuator help!

Hi i tried to install my door actuator front left side today because my soft close was leaking.
I am sure it is the door actuator that needed replacing as the buttom plastic bit of the old one came off.

I installed it successfully at first and soft closing was working properly.

The only problem was the external door handle not opening the door when i lift it up so i had to remove the actuator again and install/insert the rod in the plastic holder at the back of the actuator.

After doing this the soft closing door is not sucking the door when i try to make soft close door work.
I know i did something wrong because even the external door handle does not feel right when im trying to open the door.

Ive checked all the wirings and it appears like they're okay.

Now do any of you guys know what i could have done wrong? I ran out of time as it is coming to night time here in nz. I will have to do it again tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.

Now problem number 2. Im srs light came on while trying to put them back together. I think i may have pulled one of tthe wires while doing this. Im gonna post a pic of the wire that came off.

Im hoping this wire is the issue because i think this wire came off while the car was running.

Thanks for your help!

Is this wire related to the srs issue?