Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Clk500 to Clk55 Amg full swap project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 500
Clk500 to Clk55 Amg full swap project

Hello all, I am new to post but I have used alot of your guys/gals write ups as reference when working some of my past cars, so I thought I should contribute.
My current project is between a clk500 with 200,000 miles (almost all highway) and a recently acquired clk55 Amg with 100k miles.
I should mention this is currently one of 4 running projects as I have 2 Audi's that need engines and 1 S4 that's has a mysterious noise from the engine bay.(that will be fun) so I'm expecting it may take a while. But I'm shooting for finishing befor July.

So I will try and document as much as I can with pictures and take videos of how I overcome some interesting\difficult obstacles. If anyone has any requests on how to go about removing or swapping anything in particular, please ask and I will do my best to document the hell out of it.

That being said, I have gone a little ahead of myself on the interior of the clk55 but all will be covered in the clk500 as both are the same process, for the most part.

If you all are interested in seeing what's going on with the treo of Audi's let me know and I can post a couple pictures of them as well.

Thanks everyone
Cheers

This is how the car was bought.

I got a little ahead of myself..

Pretty far ahead of myself