Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Climate control module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Climate control module

First of all, I hope I'm not going to get chastised about being on a "wrong thread" as happened previously. I don't know which specific category my C-300 Sport 4-Matic is (i.e, "W205, W204", etc) so forgive my ignorance and give me a break. I'm a woman, I bought a nice car, and I'd like the benefit of some people's experience.

OK, I have a 2011 C-300 as stated above, that suddenly is having issues with the heat/AC controller. I know the AC doesn't need a recharge, so let's get that off the table right away. I know this because once it's working, it blasts VERY cold air. The problem is, it will intermittently simply not work; it blows only lukewarm air on the AC setting. This happens whether it's in full auto, on max cool, or any other setting for the AC. Then, after cycling it on and off, on and off several times, and then leaving it on, it will eventually kick in and work great. So, my BF bought a reconditioned module on eBay. Put it in, and although the AC came on right away, it wasn't very cold. The heater also didn't get all that hot, even on the highest setting. So that will have to get sent back, nothing else to do there. However, when we put the original module back in, it now doesn't blow cold air at all (so far), and furthermore the heat only works on the very highest setting! I really hate the thought of having to take this to the dealer, so I thought I'd see if anyone else here had any experience with this issue and what their resolution to it was.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2001 viper rt-10, 2007 SL65
Originally Posted by suzgrrl
First of all, I hope I'm not going to get chastised about being on a "wrong thread" as happened previously. I don't know which specific category my C-300 Sport 4-Matic is (i.e, "W205, W204", etc) so forgive my ignorance and give me a break. I'm a woman, I bought a nice car, and I'd like the benefit of some people's experience.

OK, I have a 2011 C-300 as stated above, that suddenly is having issues with the heat/AC controller. I know the AC doesn't need a recharge, so let's get that off the table right away. I know this because once it's working, it blasts VERY cold air. The problem is, it will intermittently simply not work; it blows only lukewarm air on the AC setting. This happens whether it's in full auto, on max cool, or any other setting for the AC. Then, after cycling it on and off, on and off several times, and then leaving it on, it will eventually kick in and work great. So, my BF bought a reconditioned module on eBay. Put it in, and although the AC came on right away, it wasn't very cold. The heater also didn't get all that hot, even on the highest setting. So that will have to get sent back, nothing else to do there. However, when we put the original module back in, it now doesn't blow cold air at all (so far), and furthermore the heat only works on the very highest setting! I really hate the thought of having to take this to the dealer, so I thought I'd see if anyone else here had any experience with this issue and what their resolution to it was.
Suz,

sorry I can't be of any help to you, you can see by my cars they don't match up with yours. I did though get a kick out of your introduction. I hope someone with the same model as your car can help you out.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 AMG 2010
Probably the front sam problem, get it scan