Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C 250 Sport
Warranty Question

Newbie here. Just bought a 2013 C250 Sport from CARMAX. Car is a local one owner with 18,500 miles. Mars Red with black interior...beautiful! Moved it tonight and saw a pretty good oil spot underneath it....probably about the size of a 50 cent piece (remember them?). My question is this....the manufacturer warranty is still in effect (4 years/50k). Is this something I could take to the dealer and have checked out/fixed without being charged? The maintenance manual is in the car; however, it has not been filled out reflecting 10k maintenance....would that cause me a problem?

Thanks for any insight!
Old 07-30-2016, 10:41 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
You need to call the dealer and ask them if it is still under warranty? Some are not because the could of been buy backs and sent auction. Thus where Carmax gets their inventory. Anyone buying from Carmax should check if there is an existing factory warranty and what recalls if any still need done before even starting negotiations to purchase any car
Old 07-31-2016, 07:44 AM

2013 C 250 Sport
Thanks for your reply! I found documentation in the car reflecting it was a lease out of a local Mercedes dealer and returned at end of lease. It was then sold by Mannheim Auto Auction to Carmax. I guess I don't understand why there would be no warranty coverage just because it was sold at auction, etc. Can you elaborate a little on that?

I will call dealer tomorrow and see what's up.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:11 AM

2013 C 250 Sport
Just got off the phone with Mercedes dealer (RBM of Atlanta). Discussed entire situation with Svc Mgr to include fact that car was a buy back and sold at auction to Carmax and that I bought it from Carmax. He said it made no difference - the warranty is the warranty. So, made appt for tomorrow. Let's hope things don't change between now and then