Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Car Wash pulled of inside review view mirror assembly..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2016 | 11:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 S550 4MATIC, 2007 R-350
Car Wash pulled of inside review view mirror assembly..

I had been going at this car wash for 10 years. Just today (got my mercedes R-350 over there for a wash) my receipt is stamped at 4:39 PM 8/6/2016.
The car wash traffic was very light I guess because it is almost closing time for them.
This time for some reason seemed to take them a bit longer for the car to arrive for drying it with towels.
But finally it was done and the guy raised his arm and I came over and gave him a tip.

I started driving away and about 2 blocks away I noticed the inside rear view mirror was vibrating alot and that
the middle row seats were not put back. They were in a folded position similar to when somebody was trying to access the 3rd row seats.
They must have forgotten to put them back. No big deal I said to myself since it is just a minor
inconvenience that they probably forgot to put them back. So I parked somewhere and put them back to their normal riding position.
Then I started entering freeway-15 ramp going south bound and noticed that the vibration on my rear view mirror was still there!

Upon closer inspection I dicovered that the whole mirror console was hanging loose!
So I went back and ask the clerk and I showed her the problem.
She then called another guy and this guy just pulled some parts off and was trying to put it back.
I didn't know the rear view mirror assembly has a lot of electronics in them!
I was terrified the guy was just doing this and I was even more surprised that I let him do it.

I finally called the owner and the owner told me that these things happen. Things fall off.
I told him that when I brought it to the car wash it was perfectly fine.

He told me his employee are extremely careful and they could never have done it.
He even showed me a security video of the place to find out how might have it happened and ofcourse the resolution would not allow for
anybody to see the inside of the car where the rear view
mirror was located.
The best thing he was offering me was a free car wash!

I would probably be more understanding if they told me about the problem before I left rather than have to discover it myself.

I was pretty upset about what happened but I was even more saddened that the owner
was not honest.

Honesty, where have you gone?

Has this ever happened to anyone and what did you do?