Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Bluetooth devices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B180
Bluetooth devices

Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
Hello Steve

I was gifted recently a Bovee Viseeo Bluetooth adaptor that plugs into the iPod Integration Kit cable (which uses the Aux for audio feed). At the beginning I thought it worked fine. However, now I have my doubts too. My main complaints are:
1.- The Nav from my phone sounds too low in relation to the music streamed from Spotify, which used to have it's separate volume bar, but the latest updated Spotify does not.
2.- When I try and pause Spotify, the Bovee enthusiastically causes Spotify to play again.
3.- I think the Spotify reconnect malady forces me to push the steering wheel phone Receive button for about five seconds in order to accept a call.

Probably the same sort of issue is cutting out your phone communication, as your Bluetooth adaptor may be constantly trying to reconnect to your music app. I am unsure which Bluetooth device - the receiver in the Audio20 or the Bovee, is actually transmitting via Bluetooth during a phone call. This may be the source of the conflict.

It would be handy to post the specifics of your phone and Bluetooth adaptor manufacturer and model. I am anxious to solve this problem as although I receive few phone calls, the low relative volume of the Nav is a safety issue, and I am tempted to Unstall Spotify and load my smartphone with tunes and use a streaming app that has a volume control, and will successfully pause and not try and reconnect as this app would have to be be Bluetooth "illiterate", although this implies manual, rather than automatic, connection to Bluetooth.

Perhaps a separate Bluetooth Adaptor issues thread should be started?
Thanks for the great reply, again.

I have tried 2 different Bluetooth devices. one does not have a microphone and can be used with or without the charging cable connected. I thought the issue was the microphone clashing with the inbuilt system. But it has the same issue as the first one I bought. This one also has issues with automatic reconnection.

Avantree LOW LATENCY Certified Bluetooth Receiver and Transmitter for tv | 2-in-1 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LAZ6RTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_54zQxbTJ4W0SA

The other one has a built in microphone but I don't think that that is the issue. It connects perfectly after a call and when I get in the car I just press play either on my phone or on the little built in button.

It is perfect in every way except for the issue with the other persons voice cutting out on calls. I bought it in a local shop here in Sweden but it seems to be similar to this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GJN6S0W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kaAQxb1E4N9RR

Now I am wondering if I can install a switch for the aux port. But if I have an extension cable plugged in but the switch is off, will it still cause the same problem because there is a jack plugged in even if it has no load?