Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Stuck in limp mode on Amsterdam, where to buy ac inverter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 02:47 PM

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
merdeces s320
Stuck in limp mode on Amsterdam, where to buy ac inverter

Hi all

I have 2007 w221 s320 cdi.

Just visiting Amsterdam from the UK and the car started having gremlins about 35 Miles outside Amsterdam

Transmission is stuck in limp mode, no higher than 2nd gear

I do have laptop with me and xentry star diagnostics but nothing to power the laptop

Not sure if I can reset the limp mode error or not, no error lights on dash. Sometimes it will only go in neutral and drive, other times it will also go in park and reverse. Only 67k on the car so bit early for tranny problems

I really need to buy a 12v to ac inverter. Any suggestion on where I can get one in Amsterdam please. Ive been looking for car accessory stores for hours

Failing that a universal DC adapter for the Dell would do as long as it does 19v

Woukd really appreciate any pointers to help prevent a limp all the way back to Calais

Thanks

Terry
Old 08-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
If you laptop battery is full and you vehicle battery is fully charged---simply pull off the road and hook up and do a quick test and then interrogate the transmission F--double click and what does it say is the problem---then back out and clear the fault!!
Old 08-24-2016, 03:04 AM

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
merdeces s320
thanks for the reply, charged laptop in hotel, ran diagnostics, ran diiagnostics, faulty speed sensor in the transmission conductor plate.

looks like \i have to try and get home then send the part for repair

will see what joy today brings