Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

1998 SL 600 Sport shedding parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Sl 600 Sport
1998 SL 600 Sport shedding parts

Hi, I'm a new member and don't want to start off on a down note BUT, the other day while driving home from Costco, my car shed it's right front turn signal light. I had washed the car before going to the store and didn't notice anything loose. OK I thought, I'll just call my local dealer and order the part. Parts guy says $148, but he'll need to check with Germany to see when it will be available. Calls later and says the part is no longer available but it might be if I buy the headlight too. How much, I say, another $1,200 bucks he says. I go to Ebay and find that most of the boys on there are aware that it's no longer available and used ones are going for around $600 - $800. I keep looking and finally find a lense for $250. When the lense comes I find out why the original came off the car. It is held on by a spring clip, and if anything moves inside the fender, like wires or such, it can easily release the spring and it will actually shoot the lense off the front of the car. With the aid of a couple of zip ties, I have now ensured that the lense will NOT leave the car if the spring is released. I highly suggest that anyone with this model do the same.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts
s320
use ebay,I've paid $25 to $40 for signals