Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

New Car Setup - E55? Others?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
New Car Setup - E55? Others?

Hi All,

I'm looking to switch things up for my car setup. At the moment, I have a 2012 Stage 1 Mazdaspeed3 as my daily driver and a blue/white stripe 1997 Hennessey package Dodge Viper as my weekend car.

So here is the problem. I absolutely LOVE the Viper, but to be honest, I stare at it in my garage more than I drive it (1,000 miles in 2 years) for a few reasons:

1. I don't drive it on weekdays because I don't want to standout at work. I am a manager at an accounting firm and there are people here making $500-$1M+ year and they drive your "standard" Audi/BMW/MB. Even though they likely own exotics, they leave those at home.
2. Even if I drive it anywhere, I seem to worry more about the car than whatever I end up doing because I'm concerned with what will happen to the car (vandalism)

With that said, I've been looking at a few options to switch up my setup to hold me over until I'm ready to buy a Porsche 911 Turbo (2-3 years). The purpose of these setups is to be able to drive either car at any time and have a blast driving it. See the setups below and let me know which you think would be best or even better, recommend your own setup!

Setup 1:

2000 Tial 770 S4 Avant - I've owned a Stage 3 S4 and really miss the car. The Tial setup will put you around the 600awhp
2000 Miata - This is really just to toy around with. I've owned one before and surprisingly enjoyed it. Doesn't matter if something breaks, because parts are so cheap and I'll end up turboing. 230rwhp in a 2200lbs car is fun
$25-$30K in the bank - Selling both current cars and having the setup above, will result in me having around $25-$30K left over to save

Setup 2:
2000 Tial 770 S4 Avant - I've owned a Stage 3 S4 and really miss the car. The Tial setup will put you around the 600awhp
E55 Eurocharged - I want manual cars, but open to this. Haven't done much research on E55, but I know they are known for being monsters "with class". I love torque and from the looks of it, these guys are torque monsters and easy to mod.
$20-$25K in the bank - Selling both current cars and having the setup above, will result in me having around $20-$25K left over to save