Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Nico Rosberg Retires !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 10:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
Nico Rosberg Retires !!!

Good morning Mercedes Benz and AMG Fans. Breaking news and a sad one. 2016 Formula 1 Champion Mr. Nico Rosberg retires.

LINK:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/sp...t-31.html?_r=0

My cell phone is open and waiting should they call me.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
Old 12-04-2016, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X5 2014
Is this real? This is really a bad news. He will surely be miss. I wish I can still see him win another title.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
X5 2012
I guess all good things must come to an end. Well, before he ended his career, he was able to be the king of the Formula 1 world! He was able to reach his peak. The question now is who will be the next Formula 1 champion?
Old 12-07-2016, 07:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by Ahmed Neil
I guess all good things must come to an end. Well, before he ended his career, he was able to be the king of the Formula 1 world! He was able to reach his peak. The question now is who will be the next Formula 1 champion?
Well, Ahmed, the next champion will be the 4th for last year's champion, whose maintenance/pit team was - for some strange reason....Toto Wolffe!!!??? - switched to this year's champion, who won the title by what, less than 10 drivers points?

I guess the poor little rich boy could not win a title without the special, preferential, silver-spoon-in-the-mouth treatment he is accustomed to.

So, if he came back, he may just well have done what your brother Dave wants to see...........unless, of course, Toto flip-flops the teams again.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:25 AM

X5 2014
Originally Posted by BRBM
Well, Ahmed, the next champion will be the 4th for last year's champion, whose maintenance/pit team was - for some strange reason....Toto Wolffe!!!??? - switched to this year's champion, who won the title by what, less than 10 drivers points?

I guess the poor little rich boy could not win a title without the special, preferential, silver-spoon-in-the-mouth treatment he is accustomed to.

So, if he came back, he may just well have done what your brother Dave wants to see...........unless, of course, Toto flip-flops the teams again.
You have your point because the maintenance/pit team was great, but I mean, he also has some skills. He prove to the world that he is worth it to be a champion
Old 12-07-2016, 02:02 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Dave Neil
You have your point because the maintenance/pit team was great, but I mean, he also has some skills. He prove to the world that he is worth it to be a champion
I concur, and in fairness to Nico, he is a worthy champion even if he won by a single point. Nor do I mean so suggest he's not an elite, top-level driver like Alonso, Vettel, etc. So to be totally clear, I'm just a Mercedes AMG Petronas fan who just wanted to see an MB-Petronas driver win, period.

Nico's personality is just how he is and we - as with our own friends - can accept it......but not the point of accepting bad acts.

Then after I saw Rosberg's BS stunt @ Spa a couple seasons back (wrecking Hamilton on the 2nd lap), combined with his overall baby-***, passive aggressive temper tandrum-like personality - as hidden as he tries to keep it.........I changed my tune and stopped rooting for him.

Be a jerk if you want, but don't purposely wreck your teammate becuase he's whipping your butt.

Regarding the maintenance teams being switched, instead of Toto Wolff forcing Rosberg's old maintenance team AND ROSBERG to get their level up to Hamilton's, they do some dumb sh-- like flip flopping teams. So at the beginning of this season, Rosberg's performance is up, while Hamilton's chance to perform at a higher level goes down or was at best unknown. (read: the #1 ability in F1, to coin an NFL phrase, is reliability).

And we all know Hamilton was ticked 'cause the move was uncalled for, all of which is a moot point now.

Last, but not least, could Alonso be coming back to resurrect the McLaren days? I hope so.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:02 AM

X5 2014
Originally Posted by BRBM
I concur, and in fairness to Nico, he is a worthy champion even if he won by a single point. Nor do I mean so suggest he's not an elite, top-level driver like Alonso, Vettel, etc. So to be totally clear, I'm just a Mercedes AMG Petronas fan who just wanted to see an MB-Petronas driver win, period.

Nico's personality is just how he is and we - as with our own friends - can accept it......but not the point of accepting bad acts.

Then after I saw Rosberg's BS stunt @ Spa a couple seasons back (wrecking Hamilton on the 2nd lap), combined with his overall baby-***, passive aggressive temper tandrum-like personality - as hidden as he tries to keep it.........I changed my tune and stopped rooting for him.

Be a jerk if you want, but don't purposely wreck your teammate becuase he's whipping your butt.

Regarding the maintenance teams being switched, instead of Toto Wolff forcing Rosberg's old maintenance team AND ROSBERG to get their level up to Hamilton's, they do some dumb sh-- like flip flopping teams. So at the beginning of this season, Rosberg's performance is up, while Hamilton's chance to perform at a higher level goes down or was at best unknown. (read: the #1 ability in F1, to coin an NFL phrase, is reliability).

And we all know Hamilton was ticked 'cause the move was uncalled for, all of which is a moot point now.

Last, but not least, could Alonso be coming back to resurrect the McLaren days? I hope so.
Well, I realized that you're right. Maybe, I didn't see the whole picture. I think the F1 should be more competitive and the teams should be good at handling their people for this incident not to happen again
Old 12-13-2016, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 MINI Cooper S
Glad to see a new champion, but I was disappointed at some of his rookie moves and running into Lewis. I guess after Japan he decided he was going to retire at the end of the season, so decided to be sure he won the title. I understand why he wants out, with all the pressure and 100% focus F1 requires. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't show up in a WEC or DTM car sometime in the next couple years.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:52 AM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by Dave Neil
Well, I realized that you're right. Maybe, I didn't see the whole picture. I think the F1 should be more competitive and the teams should be good at handling their people for this incident not to happen again
I appreciate your candor, Dave.......much respect.

Originally Posted by randyuns
Glad to see a new champion, but I was disappointed at some of his rookie moves and running into Lewis. I guess after Japan he decided he was going to retire at the end of the season, so decided to be sure he won the title. I understand why he wants out, with all the pressure and 100% focus F1 requires. I'd be really surprised if he doesn't show up in a WEC or DTM car sometime in the next couple years.
Not a bad idea, Randy............assuming he drives for MB in the rough and tumble DTM. They could use some help. Without doing any research, other than Paschal Wehrlein in 2015, I struggle to think of a drivers champion in the last 10 years not driving an Audi or BMW.

If only that traitor Bruno Spengler had hung around.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:00 AM

X5 2014
@BRBM

Well, 2017 must be a year for great races and great drivers. I hope it become more competitive than the previous races
The following users liked this post:
BRBM (12-14-2016)