Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

New member and need some help on this decision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2016 | 01:30 PM

Mercedes clk 320 2000
New member and need some help on this decision

Hi so this is my situation i'm kind of a broke college student but do have money coming in and need to fix my Mercedes clk 320 up because it is getting to semi poor condition. First off I love this car a ton since it is my first car and my fathers before that, I have been driving this car for about 2 years now and has been my daily driver since day one. I've gotten an engine swap done on it about 2 months ago because the engine block broke and things inside of it as well so after that i paid about almost $1000 dollars for another engine with 110,000 miles on it and installing. So right now i need to fix it up again because the wheels are damaged and have chips on it (some of the wheel dangles off) I need to get the steering wheel re-aligned, find/get a front bumper (which is super hard now a days), get 2 side skirts and a trunk tail light. So for the new wheels i was looking at a pair of Michellin energy savers which round up to about 580 dollars and the other parts would be about a thousand more when the same car is and craigslist for 3000 what is best money wise to buy the same car on craigslist for 3,000 or keep this car and fix it or should i just get a new car (any suggestions)? like i said i'm just a college student and can't just waste money for no reason or short time solution i need the best long term solution! Also hanks for taking the time to read this post
Old 12-08-2016 | 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: NavyMBWorld Ambassador

2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Wow that is a lot of work. If I was you I would go to my parents and ask for help. Maybe your dad would give you his old car and he would buy a new one. If you were mine I would help out my college student. Good luck on whatever you decide to do. It sounds like your current ride is nickel and diming you, but you do not know what you would get from someone else.