Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

European Delivery Paint Protection Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 BMW F80 M3 Sakhir Orange
European Delivery Paint Protection Question

Hey guys - I'm gonna be doing ED on an E63s sedan or wagon in the next year (please don't move this thread to that subforum - I want the support of all model owners!) and I was wondering if anyone had experience with getting a hood/front bumper wrap either from the factory or nearby. . .

I took ED on my current car, an F80 M3, and I ended up with a few minor pits and one little rock chip before my car ever made it stateside in the front bumper. This could be easily avoided, and I plan on doing a full wrap on the car as soon as it arrives at home at my local detail shop. I was just wondering if anyone could weigh in on their experience? I'm gonna be driving fast all over Europe again, and even sand and tiny little particles can do a number on your paint as I'm sure you guys know. . . Add to that the fact I may be going with a Magno paint option, and I really really want to make sure I'm protected.

I know there is also the option to purchase "track wrap" style products for temporary protection. i would potentially go this route too since it will be cheaper and it will get removed during the US shipping/delivery as well anyway.

Anybody have experience in this area?

BTW they better start offering more interior options! I love the white/black combo available in the C63 and the grey/seashell full leather S Sedan options.