Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

sealed for life transmissions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C240 Wagon 4matic
sealed for life transmissions

Hi, first post and first time Mercedes owner. This forum and others have provided great info on a number of subjects like replacing the MAF sensor to cure hesitation at takeoff and advice on how to change my plugs and wires. Thanks! I've read a bunch on the "sealed for life" transmission but I'd like some current feedback on whether or not to flush and fill. I'm way past the updated guideline to change fluid at 43k and never again. 110k. I'm pretty sure it's never been done. My tranny shows no signs of going bad, and generally speaking I'm a not broke don't fix it guy. But this is something I usually do to my cars. Could I get some feedback from some more experienced MB owners about what to do? 2003 C240 wagon 4matic.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
If you are satisfied with the smoothness of the shifting------my advice take the wife out for a hot dog and leave the flushing to plumbers---live long and prosper!