Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

The Darn E55 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 MB S65 AMG, 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually, 1985 Mercedes 300 SD Diesel, 1995 Mecedes S320
Question The Darn E55 Supercharger

Hello all, I have been searching MBWORLD high and low for the common resolution for the infamous E55 Supercharger shut down. Maybe I have fat fingers because I cannot find a resolution for my supercharger not engaging online anywhere but I know this is a common problem.
First I have a cylinder misfire code from my scan tool but i have swapped coil packs and plug wires to no avail., Also my supercharger, Last year summer i noticed that driving i was losing power I would stop the car for an hour or so start it back up drive all is good, this goes on for 8 - 9 months so i park it for 5-6 months just starting it up every now and then (to keep the battery charged).
Then on a nice day I decide to take it out for a quick spin, waddya know no power at all... ??? WHAT THE HELL!! So I pull out my scanner and realized I have a misfire on cylinder 8 THATS it. I checked the single relay in the trunk on the right side, What else is there to check?
I currently have an 180 ASP, Bigger injectors, Johnson pump, heat exchanger and tune, larger throttle body (80MM).
could someone shoot me a link of the wiring diagram/location of the most other common areas i need to check of this issue...

Thanks in advance