Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Fascination Brussels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W126-500SEC
Mercedes Fascination Brussels

I have a Benz on order, and needed some info the dealer could not supply me with, and decided to visit the Mercedes Fascination Center in Brussels, in the same buildings as the Mercedes Benz Belgium and Luxemburg headquarters.

The website touts the place as having 15 of the newest vehicles on permanent display, and a backlot of 150 cars where every option can be examined.

It additionally states having a team of 3 product managers with deep knowledge of the MB line on call, whom can answer any and all questions concerning your vehicle of choice.

Upon entering the somewhat megalomanic 'showtoom' (the website states 1800 m2) I am greeted (well, not) by four mid-twenties young men in matching MB outfits, staring at their PC screens sullenly.

There are NINE cars in the Fascination center. Three of them are Smart vehicles. Needless to say I'm fascinated. There IS a very nice S convertible AMG, which the taxman won't let me afford. But it is quite stunning.

After a bit of loitering I am met by one of the youngsters who asks if he can help.

I tell him I need three things from him :

- I want to see the difference between polar white and designo white on a metal sample, not a computer screen.
- I Want to see a car with the saddle brown interior I have chosen.
- I want to know the physical differences between all the seat options.

First I am led to a color booth, where the two white samples are demonstrated to me. Under led lighting with dimmers. The results are less than stellar. The designo white looks like someone pissed in a bucket of white paint.

There are no cars with the interior of my choice. In fact, there is only ONE car available of the model I have chosen, and a bog standard one. There are no saddle brown interiors available on any other car. Apparently.

Then the fun really starts. The youngster shows me the interior of the S convertible AMG and states 'these are the AMG seats' He then takes me to a designo version of a C class and shows me 'designo'. He then pulls out the folder and shows me the standard and exclusive pictures. When I tell him I need to know about the frame and adjustability differences he says he will need to call a product manager. Finally !
After five minutes of more loitering he comes over and proceeds to tell me none of the product managers are picking up their phones.

All in all, it was a fascinating experience. One I hope I won't have to suffer through ever again.

Pete