Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Germanaudiotech screwed up a W220 cluster and refused to help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43, S500, S320, 280 SEL 4.5
Germanaudiotech screwed up a W220 cluster and refused to help

I had a bad experience with these people. If the owners of germanaudiotech read this post then contact me an let me know how you will make this right.

I am sure they have done good work and I understand that sometimes quality falls through and bad repair results happen. What makes me a very unhappy customer is the arrogance of the people, lack of response and refusal to offer a resolution to the problem below that they caused.

Here are the facts and the photos to confirm the problem they caused.

I sent germanaudiotech them an instrument cluster from a W220 on 04/17. They fixed the flickering lights but their technician forgot to re-install the dimmer mechanism in the cluster. I have attached 2 pictures and you can see the missing piece circled in red on both images, before and after.

I contacted them after receiving the cluster back with the missing dimmer mechanism. They confirmed it via email and promised to send it.

Well, to install the dimmer mechanism, the cluster shell will have to be split and connectors un-soldered to separate the 2 circuit boards, which is something I am not qualified to do or have the tools to do it with.

It is also besides the point, I spent 199 dollars to get a quality repair done, I did not expect to have to complete the repair myself.

This is like taking your car to a shop for an intake gasket job and getting it back without its throttle then having the shop send you the throttle mechanism and ask you to install it yourself.

So, I filed a case with Ebay and german Audio Tech was able to close the case out within 30 minutes by providing the shipping confirmation. What a racket, also, it is impossible to leave feedback since case was closed.

Lesson learned: Don't trust the phony feedback that you see and do your research before sending your item for repair with these people.
Attached Thumbnails Germanaudiotech screwed up a W220 cluster and refused to help-20170417_163436.jpg   Germanaudiotech screwed up a W220 cluster and refused to help-20170426_130100.jpg  
Old 05-09-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
Good advice for everyone
Old 05-10-2017, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43, S500, S320, 280 SEL 4.5
2 painful things learned from dealing with german audio tech

Thanks, my takeaway from dealing with these people for everyone to be aware of:

1. read the fine print in their listing; These guys are hiding behind a clause that basically wipes out the money back guarantee because they provide a repair service and they are not selling an actual part.

2. they are experts at playing the EBAY feedback system: You look at their phony 100% score of over 22000 feedbacks and it is 100% positive because they can remove or prevent a neutral or negative feedback through EBAY by closing a customer case in EBAY automated system with provision of shipment tracking numbers.

Net: Give your repair business to others that offer the same service and are willing to talk with you and guarantee their work. Contact them first and read the fine print.

Don't send your expensive dash to these people to have them screw it up just because they have a phony 100% positive feedback score.