Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

2012 C250 engine suddently died, please help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C250 engine suddently died, please help.

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please share some thoughts or ideas on how I should approach this situation?

Car: 2012 C250 "keyless go" 30k miles

Situation: My mom was waiting at a red light, suddently the car died. She tried to start it up again but still nothing. I was not home to go check it out the situation, but my friend was able to get there to assist with the tow home.
No check engine light, no weird light, everything inside still turn on and functional. Just doesn't want to start.

Tried: reset battery, pulled the push start button to manual start the car, tried the second key but still doesn't want to start.

History of the car: No accident, no major repair history, maintenance is up to date.

What should I do?

Thank you
Old 05-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
This is another shoulda coulda post---could be loads of fuel and or electronics issues--tow the car to a dealer or a excellent indy that knows the engine and start testing!!
Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CLK 55 AMG
This look likes your car engine has a serious issue, you should take your car to a good repair shop. How fast were your mom driving before waiting at a red light? what was the engine doing when it shut down?

There are the three basic categories when the engine shut down suddenly.
1-Fuel: fuel pump died or fuel pump not getting power.
2-Electrical: magnetic pick-up failure on flywheel, animal attacks on electrical wiring, sensor failure...
3-Mechanical: may be mechanical fuel pump failure.