Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Ceramic Coating DIY vs PRO Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC 300 White
Ceramic Coating DIY vs PRO Shop

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get some coats of Ceramic applied to my new white GLC300.

Purpose of the coats is to protect from scratches, bugs, chips etc ... as I do highway driving to work. Just protection from basic normal wear/tear type thing living in a overly populated metropolitan area with 4 seasons.

I'm comparing having the coating done DIY vs paying a shop to do it.

I'm looking to hear your stories for those who have DIY applied ceramic or any product that has similar purpose. And if you guys have a video or website you followed that has instructions, that would be great too!

I feel like if I found and studied the right/proper instructions and it is easy enough to follow, I could do it myself and save a lot of money (which could be put towards car payment!). At the same time I also want to know what are the risks involved with DIY as this would be my first time attempting and I don't want to ruin my brand new car !

I was thinking also if there is some type of protection I can apply now that is simple enough to put on, in the meantime till I'm ready to apply the ceramic coating.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ! Maybe someone else can also find this thread useful. I tried searching around the forums to see if anyone had discussed this but I could not find. If there is please redirect me.

cheers!