Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Possibly purchasing Mercedes B! need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes
Possibly purchasing Mercedes B! need advice

Okay guys so i've been car searching for awhile now. Im 22, so first options clearly from a younger kid like me was a camaro, mustang, or challenger. I like speed and coupes. But then i started drifting into other cars. Mercedes has always been my favorite car but the cost was extreme. So i took it back about 10 yrs and came upon and affordable 2007 cls 63 amg. I thought wow amazing looking car. Nice sound. Affordable and the HP is ridiculous for that year. I never knew as im young. So im asking all you guys out there. It has 70k miles. I really want this car. Hows the reliability on these especially this year with this many miles.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:28 PM

2012 cls63 amg
how much was it listed for?
Old 06-27-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
I can be a very expensive car so it's important to make sure you know what you are getting into.

First make sure you understand the head bolt problem on this engine. Google "Mercedes m156 head bolt" and do some reading. It's not all that common - probably less than 10% of cars experience it - but repair cost runs $5K-$15K depending on how unlucky/ignorant the owner is.

Second research routine maintenance costs. Price out a set of brake rotors and pads for the car before you buy it.

Third make sure you know what airmatic suspension is and how much it costs to replace a failed air strut.

My $0.02 - you need to be either a very good DIY mechanic with alternative transportation or you should have $10K in the bank available to throw at the car on any given day. No, it's not a bad car and generally reliable. But there are routine repairs that cost more than putting a new engine in a Honda, so it remains a car for people of some means.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:37 PM

mercedes
Originally Posted by 12cls63amg
how much was it listed for?