Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Why does the door locking mechanism fail?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc W220 S280
Why does the door locking mechanism fail?

I'm driving a Merc W220 S280 made in 2002, my VIN NO : WDB2200632A183271. Yesterday the locking mechanism on the driver side fail to lock due to some broken plastic parts in it. To add to my irony its Eid long holiday and no workshop is open and I'm about 200 km from home. So the best solution is to tie a plastic string than I found from the driver door handle to the front passenger door handle so that the driver door wont swing open.

The question is: Why Mercedes produces important and life saving doors with very low quality plastic parts which break off easily? Just imagine what will happen if I was driving on the highway and the door swing open?

This door locking mechanism should last till the end of days.

I therefore is very disappointed to what had happened.

Please give me a very good explaination or I will viral it the social media and mercedes will get some free publicity for producing presitage cars of poor quality plastic parts.

very very disappointed

your trully

Abdul Shukor Bin Puteh
Tangkak, Johor Malaysia

email: shukor_banss@yahoo.com
Old 06-28-2017, 03:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,023 Likes on 951 Posts
1999 E300TD
You drive a fifteen year old rust bucket----things get worn and brake! and while on the subject of Why?-----why aren't coconuts round?----Enjoy the Eid lamb!